Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Orange is the color this season


I was fighting jet lag and took a walk in the San Francisco center of consumerism, Union Square. Orange appears to be the color this season.

It reminded me of an eccentric co-worker at my first job in an investment bank. Every morning I would be at my desk drinking an orange juice or apple juice and watching the markets. Every day he would say “why drink orange juice, get to the point, eat an orange.” I would blow him off as crazy, but he is right.

As a price test I went into a deli and bought a small bottle of Odwalla orange juice (Odwalla is a Coca~Cola company). The price was $3.00, whoa………an orange maybe $.25, fresh and juicy! And now I don't have to find a recycling bin to put the plastic container in to be trucked to a recycling plant to burn energy and melt toxic plastic.

Time to simplify people. Have a look at your daily consumption and I bet there a lot of ways you can simplify.

Save your money so you can buy things, like a Louis Vitton Vespa

1 comment:

jane bliss said...

hey ~ watcha doin' ?

did you figure out your Halloween costume yet?